Feedback on a recent positive experience

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Sister-Babes,

I hope you enjoy the programme as much as I do 🙂

Since Kelley invites us to share our feedback and reflect on things, I’d like to share an experience I had on Tuesday.

A colleague of mine shares the same passion for music and especially playing guitar (I am a bass and acoustic guitar player – beginner). Last week he told me that the music store I went to a few weeks ago, organize a workshop with 2 musicians (youtubers). He gave me the link to their youtube channel and I was mesmerized to see how talented they are. Literally, they master the art of improvisation! It’s off the roof! I was up for it and said: ‘take me there, I want to see them play live!’

So Tuesday night was the day they performed and he offered the ride just after we finished work. To my surprise, I realized that his car was a Jaguar SUV… I jumped in and felt abundance and security floating in the air. I am not a material person but the vibes had a positive, generous flow and it felt good and right. We drove there, and talked about our passion for music: the songs we are working on, the challenges we face when playing new songs, how hard it is to play and sing at the same time. We talked about music gear, techs, musicians etc. Literally, the time to reach the place was 35 minutes… we talked all the way and I did not feel I was wasting my time a single second!

We arrived at the music store well in advance to take the time to look/test guitars, bass, music gear etc. before the workshop start. It was so much fun! I learned tons with him, he showed me tricks (I am starting to discover the guitar/bass world). Then the workshop starts, the guitar players come in as they are: wearing jeans and t-shirts! They are here to have fun, you can tell! They do not give a damn about their appearance. They are here to share their passion. They played several songs and we were invited to comment, ask questions about techniques, gear etc. Really interesting!

When the workshop was over, my colleague and I decided to grab something to eat. Only then did we talk about work. As a matter of fact he briefed me on a meeting he had the day before (this man works in the IT department). He did so as it is going to impact one of the projects I am currently working on. The project in question is heavily impacted with IT, as I am trying to develop a process to rethink/improve the way my company develop its products. We talked and talked and became passionate about the subject.

Then I told him: ‘it’s funny, I am not an IT person and yet, I end up leading a project heavily IT-oriented! Maybe I should work with you guys! Besides, I love technology, I think it’s the future. The IT sector is expanding and new stuff emerge on the market every single day! I am a repressed geek and thought that it was not really an easy working environment for women… Yet, you always seem to have fun, enjoy what you do. You have this brotherhood/sisterhood sort of cohesion within your unit, it makes me want to work with you guys! The only thing is that I am not an IT person’.

His reply: ‘well, you don’t need to have an IT background to work with us! We like diversity and as long as you have good project management skills, that you like technology, this is not an obstacle. The unit pays us very well (no kidding! the Jaguar is a proof), our director gives us flexibility, and we get the chance to travel too! Who knows?! If you are interested, we will have job opportunities next year. We will look for recruits in business analysis to test products, work on specs and recommendations….’
      I told him that my unit working environment worsened following the arrival of a new recruit, who happens to be a trouble-maker, making a bad reputation for herself. Her negative behavior literally impacted the unit, we are losing the team spirit we used to have. I told him I was also rethinking my career and the direction I want to give as I don’t like to stay in the same position for too long, I can get bored very quickly.

Bottom line: this conversation made me open my eyes… It shook my old belief (i.e. IT world is only open for IT people, which is not true) and it gives me food for thought for my next career move. What seemed impossible and nuts (i.e. considering changing career in the IT sector) seems actually feasible. I thought about another career move and applied for a different position a couple of weeks ago (and did not get the job), but now I realize that the IT sector is more in line with what I love and value.

This colleague had an aura with him. Throughout the day, I felt generosity, abundance and freedom. He has God knows how many guitars, a great car, a beautiful house, a great family, he is free to travel on his own time. He feels good in his head and body. Dedicates time to his passion! The type of life you want to have! The kind of person you want to have in your environment to boost you!

All I want to say: if you get invitations from people who do not necessarily belong to your regular tribe or world, be curious and ACCEPT it!!! Curiosity made me do this.
      This day changed me, I am so grateful. I’m so glad I said yes to his invitation! I would have missed something huge if I’d said no!

Cheers

• Kelley
      Keymaster

Mela thank you for sharing your experience with us. Yes, take a risk, open the door and see where it takes you. This whole new world has opened up for you. This is so exciting. YAY! Keep up the great work that you are doing.

• Melanie
        Participant

I am very excited and can’t wait to see how things will unfold 🙂

• Kelley
      Keymaster

I am so glad to see many of you making it over here. I would love to hear from you. And, I would love if you would upload a picture of you. It would be nice to have an image that I can focus on sending you tons of Love and Abundance, in our new season.

• Elizabeth
      Participant

Hi Mela, what an awesome story you’ve shared. Synchronicity is at work, and it looks like a door has opened for you.

• Melanie
        Participant

It’s uplifting – let’s see what the universe has in store ! Can’t wait to open the door 😉

• Jodie
      Participant

Thanks for the great story!! That’s synchronicity right there I love it!
      Can’t wait to read what happens next😃

• Melanie
        Participant

I will keep you all up to date – let’s see how things go 😉

• Jodie
      Participant

Hey sister babes!
      Interestingly I’m in Isreal for my good friends 50th ( and to celebrate my second 50th here, I always love a party) She just opened her first business which is a cafe art gallery in a Kibbutz. Being experienced in that stage of business (I’ve opened 3 small businesses) I offered to help her as I know it’s brutal work & long hours.
      I did not expect nor ask to be paid and of course doing this WGG course I felt it in my gut when I watched Module 3 and listened to Kelley tell us. No! No working for free. I’m usually the first one to lecture about that as Ive done many hours of ‘free work’ in the past and learnt lessons the hard way about money and business. Here I was working for free!! Again!! Ha!
      Well my journaling got hit pretty hard with that subject the next few days. I didn’t ask for any money but I must say my boundaries are fabulous and Ive become really aware of this just now ( thanks to the WGG course.
      So ultimately the universe stepped up and my darling friend just handed me a super generous wad of cash to say thank you.
      The party is tonight then I’m going to Tel Aviv to chill on the beach before I go back to Australia- hotel and spending money covered by the universe. Thank you!! I am so grateful.
      Much love to all.

• Katie Kultgen
      Participant

It sounds like you ladies are in the vortex! Thank you for sharing the great vibes!

• Lauren ❀ヅ❤♫
      Participant

Jodie and Mela,

This is uplifting news. So happy to share it and it helps us all keep focussed on the positive!
      Mela, you seem to be attracting wealth and generous people in the figure of this new business. The universe is supporting you.

For myself, I’m in the process of negotiating a renewed contract doing something I’m good at (but don’t enjoy 100%) with a client. The process seems to be moving in the direction I want it to with the client asking if I can work with her online rather in persons. However, it is taking a very long time and since I’m in a foreign land, anything could change. I have 4 weeks to make a move, get a visa, clear up and clear out…
      In the interim, I’m focussing on myself and taking action steps towards where I want to be rather than waiting for the confirmation of clients. All could change after all. I think this is the lesson here and it ties in neatly with Module III 🙂

Regarding freebies, I have been asked to contribute freely 2 times in the past 2 weeks. I’m making win-win proposal I can make both. Interestingly, I have also chased up a “free” piece of writing I gave to a journal 6 months ago who, my intuition is strongly telling me, are pilfering it and reusing it under another person’s name. Solution? Republishing the 6 month old delayed piece elsewhere for compensation.

Simultaneously, I’m going through a relationship change with someone who has been a great financial strain on me for 6 months. No shame, no blame. I’m strongly trusting the universe and listening to its guidance now since I see these cyclical lessons have a common theme – takers be taking unless you establish boundaries! Your life energy is precious and it takes a very long time to recover from burnout if you over do it. I’m sure fellow leos can agree with me on that last point 🙂

Take care ladies and keep growing strong!

Lauren

• Kelley
      Keymaster

Rock on Sister-Babes! No more trading your precious life force energy for free. There are a million ways we can add value for free but not with our precious energy. Today is going to be a killer coaching class, I hope you can be there. Speak soon and keep up the great work.

• artfultherapeuticmassage
      Participant

Hello Sister-Babes,

I’m a self-employed massage therapist. I have an office in my home & also rent space from another massage therapist. For the last couple of months, I’ve been considering giving up the space with the other therapist due to lack of client base but also not having a real presence there. I realized I need to be the focus of my business & to follow my vision for my business. So, I gave notice. Amazingly, after I did that I received calls from 4 new clients for massage in my home office. I feel as if the Law of Detachment was at work.

Namiste
      Suzanne

• Kelley
      Keymaster

Great work Suzanne! Purpose, Passion and Faith build wealth.

• Kelley
      Keymaster

I love that we have this private space together and can share what you are experiencing in real time.

• Jennique
      Participant

Awesome posts ladies!!! How exciting!!!

Kelley, how do we upload a picture on our profile? I was trying to figure it out but without much luck. Thanks!

• Melanie
      Participant

Thank you all for commenting on my story – I will keep you up to date. It looks like the universe is making the way for a new opportunity. 🙂 Wishing you all the very best !

• Sajari Simmons
      Participant

Wow to all of this! Thank you! I used to think the only way to start a business was to do free work until your testimonial book was huge! I realize now that was mindset and even though I spent hundreds of hours guiding people on how to make their business passive and about branding…. it wasn’t until I got my first 4 figure sale at less work effort that I realized I wasn’t making the best use of precious life energy. Money mindset is so powerful. If you gave your offerings for free to a group and gave your offerings at your worth to a diff group. I bet the non paying group would not take action nor appreciate the transformation you are providing.

Thanks for the reflection ladies!

• Jennique
      Participant

So true Sajari! I’m guilty of the same. Thanks to Kelley I learned that people do not value things they don’t pay for. I’m working very hard at identifying anything I’m offering for free to make sure I’m charging accordingly for my life force energy!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.