5 Things to do and not to do with Mercury Retrograde
Experiencing Mercury Retrograde, you can feel irritated by delays, distractions and mixed messages. Mercury rules contracts, communication, education, thinking, perception, data and transportation. Mercury governs all forms of media, such as publishing, broadcasting, podcasting, radio and TV. His is a large domain and/or kingdom. For instance, computers, cars and technology can act up during Mercury Retrograde.
Do you remember Murphy’s Law? “What can go wrong, will go wrong.”
Mercury is the Magician card in the Tarot. He holds the power to transform base metals into gold. Even Mercury Retrograde has its benefits and advantages. There is opportunity in every retrograde cycle. You are well advised to follow these simple steps. In other words, you can use Mercury Retrograde to your advantage. You can make Mercury Retrograde work for you. Timing is everything!
Five Things to do with Mercury Retrograde:
1) Mercury retrograde is excellent for doing our homework, such as research work, re-strategizing, re-working projects, writing, creating and working behind the scenes.
2) It is brilliant for re-connecting with old friends, lovers and colleagues.
3) This is a great time to back up all your records and important data on your computer.
4) It is an opportunity to rethink, redo, revisit, reconnect, rewrite, rebuild, reevaluate, reconsider, review, revise, research, and repair multiple situations.
5) It is a great time for learning. Do keep your sense of humor. Mercury is a trickster. He loves to play hide and seek. Yes, the Gods, the planets (archetypes) do have a sense of humor. Lost items can be rediscovered, while keys, wallets, documents, and other important items can go missing.
Five Things not to do with Mercury Retrograde:
1) Do not get married. Marriage is a sacred contract and if you desire a long-term relationship. Marrying under Mercury Retrograde can imply divorce or separation in the future.
2) Do not take a new job. If you have been out of work and do not mind changing your job later on, go ahead. Otherwise, it is best to wait until Mercury is direct.
3) Do not launch a new product, web site, business or construction project. This is not the time as too much is hidden from view and will be revealed later.
4) Do not purchase a new car or a new computer. Mercury rules cars and computers, thus it is notorious for buying a lemon under his retrograde influences.
5) Do not form a new business partnership. In fact, Mercury Retrograde rules liars, thieves and betrayers. It is wise to take a wait and see approach. Allow others to prove they are trustworthy to you before you invest your precious time, money and energy.
Mechanical items have a tendency to breakdown more than usual, especially Mercurial ruled areas: travel, communication, speaking, writing, listening, mail, community relations, and “business as usual.”
When Mercury is retrograde, we are well advised to delay signing contracts, getting married or launching construction projects. Unless you do not mind revising, redoing it later and are not attached to outcome. Any new job taken, personal or business partnership formed under Mercury retrograde will change in the future. If you do not mind temporary work, or a short-term partnership, then go ahead and merge.
The best strategy for riding the wave and navigating the Mercury Retrograde cycle is to keep a sense of humor! Be patient and double-check everything. When shopping keep your receipts, you may be returning or exchanging your purchases. Stay awake and be alert to your environment, especially while driving. The most precarious Mercury Retrograde days are the day he turns retrograde and the day he turns direct. I always like to give Mercury a day or two after he turns direct before taking action.
Love and Peace,